The FlexCoder is a versatile solution that combines edge QAM, off-air transcoding, and IP grooming technology into one integrated package. Using the FlexCoder, operators can convert IP video streams into QAM or ASI in addition to transcoding 8VSB (digital off-air) to clear QAM, ASI or IP signals. By providing a wide range of functionality in a compact solution, the FlexCoder brings remarkable cost savings to operators.
The FlexCoder offers operators and integrators the ability to convert IP video streams into QAM or ASI formats, as well as transcode 8VSB (digital off-air) to clear QAM, ASI or IP signals. By providing a wide-range of functionality in a compact solution, the FlexCoder brings remarkable cost savings.
The FlexCoder is an ideal solution for video labs and campus environments when you need to provide a custom line-up for in-house distribution.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- De-multiplexes MPEG-2 or H.264 MPTS to SPTS
- Multiplexes MPEG-2 or H.264 SPTS to MPTS via IP and/or QAM outputs
- Optional 8VSB/QAM input board to receive one (1) off-air or clear QAM channel.
- Can pass through or modify PSIP information such as major/minor channels, short names and corresponding program IDs (PIDs)
- Allows for null packet insertions or deletion supporting VBR and CBR
- UDP Unicast or Multicast support
- Supports UDP delivery of IP packets
- Separate Web-based management port for local and remote control
- Basic mode: Supports three audio formats: AC3, AAC and MPEG-1 Layer 2